|RECIPE: White Chocolate-Ginger Cookies |
Originally uploaded by Pillsbury.com
Thanks to one of my readers asking for the recipe- I was reminded about this lovely cookie recipe. It really is lovely. And the glaze that you see on top.... well it has a touch of orange juice in it that makes it ever so special. Anything I've ever ate with orange juice in it has been memorable. I'm sure you'll add this recipe to your cookie list too.
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 package (6 oz) white chocolate baking bars, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Chopped Pecans
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger*
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 to 3 1/2 teaspoons orange juice
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in brown sugar, 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, the ginger, nutmeg and orange peel until well blended. Stir in white chocolate baking bars, pecans and crystallized ginger. On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart.
2. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
3. In small bowl, mix powdered sugar, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and enough orange juice for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze is set.
*To easily chop crystallized ginger, cut with kitchen scissors into small pieces.