|Cherry-Topped Brownie Dessert Squares |
Originally uploaded by Pillsbury.com
Note: This is very easy dessert to make. Also remember this recipe for National Brownie Day which is celebrated December 8th and National Cream Cheese Brownie Day too.
- 1 box (1 lb 2.3 oz) fudge brownie mix
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (1 lb) vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling, chilled
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening. In large bowl, stir brownie ingredients until well blended with spoon. Spread in pan.
2. Bake 24 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3. In large bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set.
4. To serve, spoon pie filling over top. Cut into squares.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake brownies following High Altitude directions on box for 13x9-inch pan.