|Candy-Topped Graham Cracker Cookie Squares Recipe |
Originally uploaded by Betty Crocker Recipes
Graham Cracker Cookies:
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
Butter, egg and flour called for on cookie mix pouch for cutout cookies
1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Topping, if desired:
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Chocolate Coating and Candy Topping, if desired:
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
4 teaspoons shortening
1 cup white vanilla baking chips
Crushed peppermint candy canes, if desired
Betty Crocker® colored sugar or decors, if desired
Betty Crocker® holiday candy sprinkles, if desired
1. In medium bowl, mix graham cracker cookie ingredients until well mixed. Divide dough in half; cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 8 hours.
2. In small bowl, mix topping ingredients; set aside.
3. Heat oven to 350°F. On floured surface, roll out half of the dough at a time to 12x9-inch rectangle 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 12 squares, 4 rows by 3 rows. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Prick with toothpick or fork to look like holes in graham crackers.
4. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until very lightly browned and slightly firm to the touch, rotating cookie sheets halfway through to ensure even baking. Repoke holes as necessary while warm. Cool on pan 1 to 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack; cool completely.
5. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons of the shortening uncovered on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. In another small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips and 2 teaspoons of the shortening uncovered on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. Dip half of each cooled cookie into one of the melted coatings. Decorate as desired. Place on waxed paper until set.