|Holiday Tree Brownies Recipe |
Originally uploaded by Betty Crocker Recipes
This simple recipe is made festive by cutting the brownies in triangles and decorating to look like a Christmas tree. Candy canes are just perfect for the tree trunks and colorful candy sprinkles add just the right touch too.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® Orginal Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 2 or 3 drops green food color
- 1 cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from 1-lb container)
- Betty Crocker® Decorating Decors red and green candy sprinkles or miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bits
- Miniature candy canes (2 inch), unwrapped
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil so foil extends about 2 inches over short sides of pan. Grease bottom only of foil with cooking spray or shortening.
2. Make and bake brownie mix as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Remove brownie from pan by lifting foil; peel foil away. To cut brownie into triangles, cut lengthwise into 3 rows. Cut each row into 7 triangles, see diagram. Save smaller pieces for snacking.
3. Stir food color into frosting. Spoon frosting into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut off tiny bottom corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with decors.
4. Break off curved end of candy cane; insert straight piece into bottoms of triangles to make tree trunks.