|Recipe: Marscarpone-Filled Cranberry-Walnut Rolls |
Originally uploaded by Pillsbury.com
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury® Golden Layers® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits)
- 1/2 cup marscarpone cheese or cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese or cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
1.Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 8- or 9-inch round cake pan with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
2.In small bowl, mix cranberries and walnuts; set aside. In another small bowl, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
3.Separate dough into 10 biscuits; press each biscuit into 3-inch round. Place heaping 1 teaspoon of the mascarpone cheese on center of each biscuit. Bring all sides of dough up over filling, stretching gently if necessary, and gather in center above filling to form a ball; firmly pinch edges to seal. Roll each biscuit in melted butter, then roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place 1 biscuit in center of pan. Arrange remaining biscuits, seam sides down and sides touching, in circle around center biscuit. Pour remaining butter over biscuits; sprinkle with remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture.
4.Reserve 1/4 cup cranberry-walnut mixture; sprinkle remaining mixture over biscuits.
5.Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Place heatproof serving plate upside down on pan; carefully turn plate and pan over. Let stand 1 minute, then carefully remove pan.
6.Sprinkle reserved cranberry-walnut mixture over coffee cake. In medium bowl, stir glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle glaze over top of rolls. Serve warm.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.