|Dog Bark Recipe |
Originally uploaded by Betty Crocker Recipes
5 slices bacon
2 slices Cheddar cheese (3/4 oz each)
2 cups carob chips
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1. Line cookie sheet with foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over low heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Coarsely chop bacon; set aside.
3. Using 1 1/4-inch small dog bone cookie cutter, cut 15 dog bone shapes out of cheese slices. Set aside.
4. In medium bowl, microwave carob chips uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer. Stir in peanut butter.
5. Spread carob mixture on foil to 1/4-inch thickness, about a 9-inch square. Immediately sprinkle with bacon and cheese; press lightly into carob mixture. Chill until set, about 15 minutes in freezer, or 30 minutes in refrigerator.
6. Remove from foil; break into 18 pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for 5 days.