|Mens T-Shirt / Thirsty Thursday|
- In the nursery rhyme, "Monday's Child", "Thursday's Child has far to go".
- In some high schools in the United States during the 1950s and the 1960s, rumours said that if someone wore green on Thursdays, it meant that he or she was gay.
- Thursday is the day of the Second Round draw in the English League Cup.
- Super Thursday is an annual promotional event in the publishing industry as well as an important day in UK elections (see above).
- Gabriel Syme, the main character, was given the title of Thursday in G. K. Chesterton's novel The Man Who Was Thursday (1908).
- The titular day in Sweet Thursday (1954) (the sequel to John Steinbeck's novel Cannery Row (1945)), the author explains, is the day after Lousy Wednesday and the day before Waiting Friday.
- In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, the character Arthur Dent says: "This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays". A few minutes later the planet Earth is destroyed. In another Douglas Adams book, The Long Dark Tea-time of the Soul (1988), one of the characters says to the character Thor, after whom the day was named: "I'm not used to spending the evening with someone who's got a whole day named after them".
- In the cross media work Thursday's Fictions by Richard James Allen and Karen Pearlman, Thursday is the title character, a woman who tries to cheat the cycle of reincarnation to get a form of eternal life. Thursday's Fictions has been a stage production, a book, a film and an 3D online immersive world in Second Life.
- Thursday Next is the central character in a series of novels by Jasper Fforde.
- In Garth Nix's popular The Keys to the Kingdom series, Thursday is an antagonist, a violent general who is a personification of the actual day and the Sin of Wrath.
- According to Nostradamus' prediction (Century 1, Quatrain 50), a powerful (but otherwise unidentified) leader who will threaten "the East" will be born of three water signs and takes Thursday as his feast day.
- Thursday (1998 film) is a movie starring Thomas Jane, about the day of a drug dealer gone straight, who gets pulled back into his old lifestyle.
- The Thursday (1963), is an Italian film.
- Thursday Afternoon is a 1985 album by the British ambient musician Brian Eno consisting of one 60-minute-long composition. It is the rearranged soundtrack to a video production of the same title made in 1984.
- Donnerstag aus Licht (Thursday from Light) is an opera by Karlheinz Stockhausen.
- Thursday is a post-hardcore band from New Brunswick, New Jersey, formed in 1997.
- "Thursday's Child" is a David Bowie song from the album hours...(1999).
- "Thursday's Child" is a song by The Chameleons on Script of the Bridge (1983).
- Outlook for Thursday was a hit in New Zealand for Dave Dobbyn.
- In the Placebo song "Evil Dildo", the obscene telephone message is left on Thursday the 23rd of an unknown month and year. The day Thursday 23rd is often celebrated as Evil Dildo day by Placebo fans.
- Thursday (mixtape)" is the name of a mixtape by R&B artist The Weeknd released in 2011. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
References / Resoures: