This post is in honor of
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases by lowering LDL cholesterols. Pistachios help regulate and reduce LDL or bad cholesterol, which is dangerous for the heart. They also increase the levels of HDL or good cholesterol. Since these nuts contain antioxidants like Vitamins A and E, they help fight off inflammation and protect the blood vessels. This helps in reducing the risks of heart disease. Within a short period of consumption, the benefits of pistachios are seen through an increase in lutein level, which helps protect the heart against oxidized LDL.
- Combat Diabetes : Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular consumption of pistachios. As per a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, both pistachios and walnuts help in better endothelial cell function. Those who consumed around 56 grams of pistachios were found to be more immune to Type 2 diabetes and heart diseases.
- Strengthen Immunity : One of the main health benefits of pistachios is a stronger immune system that helps fight off infections, which is again due to the presence of vitamin B6. This vitamin helps the body create healthy red blood cells and strengthens the lymphoid glands such as the lymph nodes, spleen, and the thymus. This in turn produced white blood cells, which protect the body from infections.
- Protect The Nervous System : Pistachios contain high levels of Vitamin B6, which influences the nervous system in many positive ways. This vitamin facilitates the development of amino acids and helps in the formation of the insulating sheath (myelin) around the nerve fiber. Both these functions are necessary for carrying optimal messages from the body to the nerves. Vitamin B6 also helps in producing serotonin, epinephrine, and melatonin, which work to calm the nervous system when the transmission of nerve impulses takes place.
- Promote Healthy Skin And Vision : Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant found in pistachios. It helps in preserving the cell membranes, ensuring healthy skin. This is one of the benefits of pistachios that protects the skin from UV damage and prevents skin cancer and premature aging of the skin. Lutein and zeaxanthin are two carotenoids present in pistachios. These antioxidants defend the eye tissues from free radical damage, reducing impairments such as age-related macular degeneration and blindness. wikiwell.com
- Roasted Salted Pistachios, 5LBS
- Sincerely Nuts Pistachio Nuts Mix (6 Sectional) – Turkish, Chili Lemon, Salt n Pepper, Garlic, Jalapeno & Unsalted Pistachios Variety Gift Tray – 100% Kosher Certified
- Shop everything Pistachio Nut