Saturday, February 10, 2018

February and French Toast

It's early Saturday morning and it's still dark outside. I know most people are all snuggled in their bed and planning a sleep in on this rainy Saturday morning; but for me I decided to get up and slowly get my day started. It's going to be a perfect day to do some research on the internet as long as the storm doesn't knock out my connection. 

I made my way to the kitchen and settled on french toast and coffee for my breakfast. A friend of mine surprised me yesterday with fresh eggs and bread so I couldn't wait to treat myself this morning. As I made the coffee, I could hear the rain pounding the tin awning on the front porch. The whole room was quiet except for the coffee pot lightly talking and the rain sounding outside. 

As soon as enough coffee had dripped in the pot I went ahead and filled my favorite coffee cup... "Crazy Cat Lady" in honor of February being National Cat Health Month. lol!  My creamer for today is vanilla caramel and I put enough in to compensate for the strong-ness of the coffee. Like always... I reached for my cayenne pepper and tapped a bit in. It's just how I like to drink it. If I had had whipped cream I would of put that in too but sadly I was out. 

I sit at the kitchen counter sipping my coffee as I went over in my mind what I needed to work on for the day. I knew I would be working on February 10 date, and from memory I knew it was Teddy Bear Day and Flannel Day. Now believe it or not I remember that because I had a Flannel pajama party one time in honor of February 10. It was winter, cold, we wore flannel and I gave each guest a small Teddy Bear and we ate pie! Lots and lots of pie! You see February is Great American Pie Month and it's also Cherry Month. Well you know I had to have cherry pie for dessert. And... being that February is also Celebration of Chocolate Month I had to have a chocolate pie for us as well. Like I said we ate pie and pie and more pie. ha ha ha!

Finally I finished my cup of coffee and was ready to make french toast. I pored some of the vanilla caramel creamer in my eggs as I beat them up because I knew they were delicious that way. I dipped my bread and then fried my toast lightly brown. As you can see from the photo I soaked it with syrup too. Yummy Yummy Yummy. 

I happily refilled my coffee, took my plate back to my bed where my trusty laptop was. Snapped the photo- then snuggled in with my dog Lucy, my coffee, my french toast, and typed this very post your reading right now. :)

Live everyday like a holiday everyone! Pam

No comments: