Sunday, February 04, 2018

Grilled four cheese on Jesus Bread Sandwich with Garlic Tomato Soup

February 4 / National Homemade Soup Day / United States 

I listened to it rain all night last night.  As I laid there listening... I was thinking about how nice it would be to have a warm bowl of soup. As I tossed the idea around I reached for my laptop and started surfing the Internet looking for pictures of different types of soup. Keeping in the back of my mind that February 4 was National Homemade Soup Day. So my taste buds settled on a simple tomato soup picture that I thought I would share. I think for today... I'm going to make this soup so let's talk about it.
...................................................................................................................
"That homemade tomato soup is robust and warming and is so easy it can be made in minutes so there's no excuse to eat that sugary canned junk."

The type of soup in the photo is Garlic Tomato Soup. 
I love tomato soup and I eat it a lot in the winter time but not very often do I fix garlic tomato soup. But today I'm going to do just that. Here's the notes for cooking.

Garlic-tomato Soup
Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a soup pot. Add 3-4 cloves minced garlic and sautee gently. Add a teaspoon of paprika and wait for it to sizzle; pull off heat IMMEDIATELY so the paprika doesn't scorch. Add a 15-oz. can of crushed tomatoes and 15 oz. of broth. Return to heat and slowly bring to a simmer. Add a dash of hot sauce, optional. When hot through, adjust seasonings with salt and pepper to taste and serve with something really cheesy.
...................................................................................................................

Sandwich
......that sandwich is made of American, brie, cheddar, and parmesan cheese."
Yep it's a grill cheese sandwich yall. And I can't think of anything better to eat with a bowl of tomato soup either. I usually sprinkle grated cheese on top of my tomato soup but if I have a grill cheese sandwich to dip in the soup; I don't have to do that. And oh my gosh.... 3 different cheeses! Wow! If you look at the picture you can see the colored cheese layers.

Now the bread is being called Jesus Bread
When I think of Jesus I think of flat bread but it's not flat bread in the photo. so I'm guessing it's what they call sprouted bread. Like the Ezekiel Bread in the bible??. Let's talk about it.
  • Unleavened bread is any of a wide variety of breads which are not prepared with raising agents. Unleavened breads are generally flat breads; however, not all flat breads are unleavened. Unleavened breads, such as the tortilla and roti, are staple foods in Central America and South Asia, respectively.
  • Ezekiel 4:9 says "Take also unto thee Wheat, and Barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and Spelt, and put them in one vessel and make bread of it."
Ezekiel Bread / wikihealing
  • Ezekiel bread was inspired by bible scripture about Ezekiel, who survived off this bread for two years while he was in the desert. The bread that was eaten by Ezekiel and the ancient Essenses was called "manna bread" which was heated by the desert sun and eaten uncooked. Claims are that the six grains and legumes, when sprouted and combined, create a protein that closely resembles the protein found in milk and eggs...... Source: http://wikiwel.com/wikihealing/index.php?title=Ezekiel_Bread
  • Sprouted bread is a type of bread made from whole grains that have been allowed to sprout, that is, to germinate, before being milled into flour. There are a few different types of sprouted grain bread. Some are made with additional added flour, some are made with added gluten, and some, such as Essene bread, are made with very few additional ingredients.
................................................................................................................................

Well there ya go! My Garlic Tomato Soup is simmering on the stove and that's a real fact. I did it just like the directions above. I'm going to grill myself a cheese sandwich on regular white bread. I looked into what it would take to bake Ezekiel Bread but there's a lot of ingredients in that bread and I don't have what it takes to get the job done. I think I will post the recipe for everyone in another post though.

I had a lot of fun researching this post. Soup.... Bread...... Food Holidays.... wow! Speaking of food holidays. National Homemade Soup Day is February 4 / National Soup Month is February / 2nd week in November is Split Pea Soup Week.

Outside Links

No comments: