They are so rich in phenols, in particular, miracle phytonutrients called anthocyanins and ellagitannins. These are powerful antioxidants that prevent the oxidative damage that can cause cancer, heart disease, and other diseases of aging. Flavonoids have been associated with potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties to help prevent a host of diseases ranging from cardiovascular ailments and metabolic disorders to dementia and cognitive decline.
- Cardiovascular Disease : The unique phenols prevent the clogging of the arteries that causes heart attacks and strokes. Unlike drugs, strawberries have no dangerous side effects.
- Cancer, Diabetes and Alzheimer's Disease : The flavonoid fisetin is also found in other fruits and vegetables, but is most abundant in strawberries. In the plant, it helps protect the leaves and fruit from insects. In the human body, it has been shown to protect neurons and combat Alzheimer's Disease. It is also considered to be a weapon against Prostate Cancer. And now researchers have discovered it can fight diabetes.phytonutrients, ellagic acid and ellagitannins present in the fruit are responsible for the findings.
- Source of Ellagic Acid.
- Iodine : Strawberries are good sources of idone.
- Cholesterol : The berries can also impact how the liver processes cholesterol, the degree of damaging oxidation and re-absorption of cholesterol for use by the trillions of cells throughout the body.
- Detox : Red Strawberries activates a protein in our bodies called Nrf2 which removes toxins from the cell. wikiwel.com