This Article: "Frito Pie is a Simple Dish" - Posted in honor of......
- National Cheese Lover's Day / January 20.
- National Corn Chip Day / Celebrated every year on January 29.
- National Chili Day / 4th Thursday in February.
- National Cheese Day / June 4.
- National Chili Month / observed in October.
- East Better Eat Together Month / October
- American Cheese Month / October
Frito pie is a dish popular in the Southern, Midwestern, and Southwestern United States, whose basic ingredients are chili, cheese, and corn chips (especially Fritos). Additions can include salsa, refried beans, sour cream, onion, rice, or jalapeños. There are many variations and alternative names used by region. Frito pie can be prepared in a casserole dish, but an alternate preparation can be in a single-serve Fritos-type corn chip bag with various ingredients as toppings. In Mexico, a similar type of dish is tostilocos.