|Shop: / Almond Natural Raw / 5lbs.|
- Celebrated annually on February 16.
- associated with ameliorations in obesity, hyperlipidemia, Hypertension (High Blood Pressure), and hyperglycemia (High Blood Sugar). Incorporation of almonds into a healthy diet has beneficial effects on adiposity, glycemic control, and the lipid profile, thereby potentially decreasing the risk for Cardiovascular Disease in patients with type 2 diabetesmellitus.
- Cancer : Two flavonoids in almonds ( quercetin and kaempferol ) were found to be strong suppressors of lung and prostate tumor growth and these plant chemicals inhibited the tumor cell growth in culture in the studies at Pennsylvania State University. Flavonoids found in almonds also suppressed breast cancer cell growth when these cells have been exposed to cancer-causing agents as evident from other research findings.
- Prevent Constipation : Almonds are rich in fiber and because of its fiber content, almonds help normalize bowel movements by preventing constipation. Constipation may not necessarily confine you in bed and you think this is not a cause for concern. However, being chronically constipated certainly has its downsides.First, your body needs to excrete the waste products that are found in your stool. Your inability to let these toxins out can cause harm to your body. Second, being constipated means that you have a very hard stool. This can cause damage to your anus, cause it to bleed and it may lead to the development of an infection afterwards. Third, constipation causes you to strain hard to let the stool out. Straining will cause your heart to pump rapidly and will also increase blood pressure. No, you would not want all these to happen to you. So it would be best for you to avoid constipation altogether by getting your daily dose of fiber. These help increase stool bulk and helps prevent conditions such as diverticulitis and hemorrhoids as well.
- Promote Heart Health : Almonds contain potassium, magnesium, vitamin E, folic acid and monounsaturated fats – all of these components contribute to the health of the heart. Potassium is an important ion that is needed by the heart to pump blood all throughout the body. It also helps make sure that the heart is pumping normally thereby preventing arrhythmias. Magnesium helps prevent heart attacks. The vitamin E found in almonds acts as antioxidants, neutralizing the effects of free radicals, and reducing heart disease risk. Folic acid helps reduce homocysteine levels in the body. Homocysteine causes fatty build-up in the walls of the arteries and in order to reduce homocysteine levels, folic acid is needed. Lastly, monounsaturated fats help lower the levels of bad cholesterol, without negatively affecting good cholesterol levels.
- Help with Diabetes Management : Diabetes affects more than 17 million people in the United States, and one of the most common problems faced by diabetics worldwide is the surge in their blood sugar levels after a meal. Surges in blood sugar, or hyperglycemia, must be controlled because it can certainly present numerous complications to the body.Details of a report published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition revealed that incorporating almonds in our daily diet could help prevent surges in blood sugar after a meal as well as help in the management of type 2 diabetes by improving the body’s sensitivity to insulin.
- Promote Healthy Skin and Hair : Almond oil helps make the skin soft and smooth – and it works for the hair too. Most soap and hair product manufacturing companies often incorporate almond ingredient into their products in order to make the skin and hair healthy, soft and radiant-looking. During massage, almond oil is also used as it promotes relaxation and helps keep the skin soft even after the session. Almond oil may be used as a face mask so that it will be absorbed by the skin, making it supple and erasing wrinkles, crow’s feet and fine lines. Almond oil can also be used as a deep cleansing conditioner.
- Help Control Blood Cholesterol Levels : As previously mentioned, regular consumption of almonds help raise good cholesterol (HDL) levels and lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. Keep this in mind when it comes to cholesterol: you would want to keep High Density Lipoprotein high, and keep Low Density Lipoprotein low. Almonds, therefore, allows you to hit two birds with one stone. It effectively controls your blood cholesterol levels. High amounts of bad cholesterol in your blood could cause complications such as fatty plaque deposits, atherosclerosis, heart attack and stroke.
- Lower Risk of Alzheimer's Disease : The results of two studies published in the Journal of the American Medical Association revealed that vitamin E-rich foods and those that are rich in antioxidants can help reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s Disease. Researchers have recommended the regular consumption of almonds because these nuts contain higher levels of alpha-tocopherol vitamin E as compared to other foods. Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E that is readily absorbed and used by the body.
- Help Prevent Osteoporosis : Because almonds are rich in calcium, it is one of the highly recommended foods in the battle against osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a condition where the bones become weak and fragile, predisposing a person to fractures. Calcium is considered to be food for the bones. The presence of calcium in almonds could help prevent the pitfalls associated with osteoporosis.
- The Vitamin E in almonds keeps your eyes and skin looking and feeling youthful.
- Detox : because most detox diets don't include cow's milk, and almond milk is one of the best-tasting, most readily available plant-based alternatives.
- Metabolism and allertness : Almonds, sesame and pumpkin seeds help regulate dopamine levels. see wikiwel.com