It all started with the fast food industry. They started giving coupons for free french fries on Friday and some still do. This became so popular that everyone started wearing T-shirts on Friday that either says... Fry Day or French Fry Friday. The popularity grew more and more until customers not only ate the french fries at the restaurant... but they started taking them home to eat while relaxing.
This then turned into the tradition of french fry lovers making home made french fries on Friday and SMOTHERING them in yummy toppings. A fast meal that's goes perfect with a cold drink then chill out time with either tv, friends or family.
- Do a fast food search and see which fast food restaurants are giving free french fries on Friday. Coupons are in news papers too.
- If you would rather go home and eat fries.... then by all means go home and eat fries! LOL - We all have our favorite.... skinny and crispy fries, fat and soft steak fries or "Just give me the fries!"
- Smother your fries in something good. The most popular topping are different cheeses, brown gravy and cheese curds or chili with melted cheese. Along with diced tomatoes, onions and alvocados. Cole-Slaw is another favorite topping on fries.
- Dressings and Sauces: We all love ranch dressing on fries but get wild with it. Try sweet catalina dressing. Garlic dressing... Even thousand island dressing is good with dill pickles on top.
- Maybe you like plain fries with no toppings. Great! Then I bet you would like flavored salts for your fries. That comes in all kinds of flavors too.
- 15 Loaded Fries pilled high
|Fry Day T-Shirt|
- Plan a French Fry Party! Invite your friends over for some awesome french fries! Get the deep fryer out and fry away. It doesn't take long to cook fries and with a few condiments like mustard, mayo and catchup... you have a party in the making! Go a step further... make some thick chipped beef gravy to pore over the top. Have your friends help by bringing packs of grated cheese. This is one of the fastest and easiest food parties you could ever host.
- Celebrate every Friday in style! Get yourself a Fry Day T-Shirt and show your fun side. These funny T-Shirts can be found at Amazon. I bet you've already seen people wearing them but you have to admit it would be fun to wear at your next french fry party. :)
- Shop T-Shirts: Crazy Dog T-Shirts Mens Fry Day Friday T Shirt Funny Fast Food French Fry Weekend TGIF Tee
- Invite your friends with these FREE Internet Invitations from 123Greeting.
- Get the whole office in on the fun and have everyone wear a Friday is here T-Shirt. You can buy one or you can create your own with fabric paint.
- You have to remember July 13th every year! That's National French Fry Day!